As ever, keep in mind that I've played every single game released across all platforms this year to spare you the trouble of telling me I missed one. Yes, even Playstation 5, despite the notable disadvantage of not owning one. I had to wire four PS4 consoles together with a black market GTX 3070 and write custom firmware so it would accept PS5 games, and once I was finished playing the final game released on it this year, it caught fire and caused thousands of dollars in damage to my property. The things I do for you people, I swear.
11. Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (Playstation 4/Switch/Stadia/PC)
10. NieR: Replicant ver.1.22474487139... (Square Enix, PS4/XBone/PC)
9. Actraiser Renaissance (Square Enix/Sonic Powered, Switch/PS4/PC/Mobile)
8. Lost Judgment (Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, PS4/PS5/XBone/XBox Series)
7. Witch 'n Wiz (Matt Hughson, NES)
itch.io at the price of only $10.
6. Axiom Verge 2 (Thomas Happ Games, Switch/PS5/PS4/PC)
5. Blaster Master Zero 3 (Inti Creates, Switch/PC/XBox One/XBox Series/PS4/PS5)
4. Wildermyth (Worldwalker Games, 2021)
3. Super Mario 3D World: Bowser's Fury (Nintendo, Switch)
2. Metroid Dread (Nintendo EPD/Mercurysteam, Switch)
1. Resident Evil: Village (Capcom, PS4/PS5/XBone/Xbox Series/PC)