Questions so far:
- How did Fei know Elly's name before she told it?
- What exactly happened in Elly's flashback?
- Who is Grahf and what is his relation to Fei and his father?
- Fei's flashback also mentions a woman being killed. Who was she?
- What does Grahf mean by "destroying god", and what part does Fei have to play in that?
- Who was the third person in Fei's second flashback?
Various factoids and symbolism
- The term "lamb" is derived from "Lamb of God", a title for Jesus that appears in the Gospel of John. Similarly, Elly refers to the people of Solaris as "shepherds", referring to their role as the overseers of the surface dwellers (and God's shepherding of humanity).
- Abel was one of the sons of Adam and Eve and a shepherd. He was said to be killed by his brother, Cain, out of jealousy.
- "Jugend" is a German word meaning "youth". It is most likely a reference to the Hitlerjugend, the youth organization of Nazi Germany.
- "Grahf" is a German word meaning "count" or "earl".
- Yggdrasil is the name of the ash tree that connects the nine worlds in Norse mythology.