- Rico is apparently Kaiser Sigmund's son. This doesn't end up having much of an impact on how the story plays out, though...
- The ship shown in the intro was the Eldridge, which was carrying the superweapon "Yabeh". It went rogue, resulting in the Captain activating the self-destruct and causing the ship's remains to crash-land onto this planet, resulting in the chain of events the game chronicles.
Various factoids and symbolism
- The twelve Anima Relics are named after twelve of the children of Jacob: Dan, Joseph, Gad, Asher, Zebulun, Judah, Dinah, Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Issachar, and Naphtali.
- 'Persona' is a concept in Jungian psychology, being the social face the individual shows to the world. It is opposed to the 'Shadow', the inner feelings a person keeps hidden from others.
- 'Razael' is a corruption of Raziel, an archangel said to be the "Keeper of Secrets." Appropriate given the role of Razael's Tree in the story.
- The Zohar is a group of books that form the foundational work in the Jewish Kabbalah, which covers the nature of God, the origin and structure of the universe, the nature of souls, and other topics.
- Golgoda is a corruption of "Golgotha", the site outside the walls of Jerusalem where Jesus was crucified.
- El Regurus (Elly's Omnigear) may be named after the star "Regulus" in the constellation of Leo.