We awaken to a hard knock life in Nortune prison. But we have a promise to keep, so we hatch a plan to get out...
Questions so far:
- What is Sigmund trying to gain by allying with Grahf and the "masked woman"?
- Who is the masked woman?
- Is there any significance to the cross pendant?
- What do the three Feis symbolize?
- Who are the masked men who appear on the rotating computer?
Various factoids and symbolism
- Sigmund, like Sigurd, is the name of a hero from Norse mythology. His name is also a reference to the psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud, whose works are heavily referenced in Xenogears.
- Anima and Animus were concepts proposed by Carl Jung. Anima being the unconscious feminine psychological qualities in a male and Animus as masculine psychological qualities in a female. Like Freud and Lacan, Jung's works are also heavily referenced in Xenogears.
- Cain was the son of Adam and Eve, who slew his brother Abel out of jealousy and was cursed by God. He was also said to be given the "mark of Cain", which would prevent harm from coming to him and ensure him a full life.
- The Gaetia Key may be a reference to Ars Goetia, a part of the Lesser Key of Solomon.
- Hammer shares his name with another character in Xenosaga.