Watch Final Fantasy 6 (spoonshiro edit) Part 1 from spoonshiro on www.twitch.tv
"spoonshiro Edit" is just a mod that tweaks the SNES release to my personal tastes.
- Updated numerous descriptions to be more consistent in format and accurate to their effects.
- ALL Relics now give faster run, removing the need to waste a slot on Sprint Shoes.
- Several junk relics and items have been tweaked to be more useful (Full list below) and had their prices adjusted accordingly.
- Evade is useless in the SNES version; all checks for it run off MBlock instead owing to a bug. Blind status is meaningless for the same reason. Thus, I've updated weapons that tout "blocking" as a feature with an equal MBlock bonus, and given Blind-negating items extra effects to compensate.
- Magic Defense is worthless for similar reasons, but I've added elemental resistances to several relics to offset that a bit. (Hopefully)
Specific Item Tweaks
- Sprint Shoes have been replaced with Encount-Away, which disables random encounters. Its price has also been raised to 15,000 GP.
- Because of this the Moogle Charm has a new effect, giving Mog a 25% bonus to HP and MP and Haste status.
- Likewise, the Charm Bangle now grants the Image and Shell status when equipped.
- Goggles now grant a chance for preemptive strike in addition to their normal (useless) effect. Price is raised to 2400 GP.
- The Star Pendant absorbs the poison elemental attack as well as blocking the status. Price is raised to 6000 GP.
- The Fairy Ring now blocks poison (status and elemental) and Earth damage. Price is raised to 4500 GP.
- The Barrier Ring is renamed the Frost Ring and now grants 50% Ice resistance. Its price is raised to 3500 GP.
- The Mithril Glove is renamed the Heat Glove and now grants 50% Fire resistance. Its price is raised to 3500 GP.
- The Hyper Wrist's mostly-redundant effect has been replaced with a 50% resistance to Bolt, and it's name is changed to the Thunder Ring. Its price is lowered to 3500 GP.
- The Cherub Down now grants Safe in addition to its normal (mostly useless) effect. Its price is raised to 10,000 GP.
- The Cure Ring now stops Poison and Seizure status in addition to its normal effect.
- The Zephyr Cape now nullifies Wind and Pearl damage.
- The Czarina Ring now offers 50% resistance to Fire, Ice, Bolt and Wind, replacing its normal (useless) effect. Its price is raised to 9000 GP.
- The Crystal Orb's once-redundant effect is replaced; it now halves damage from all elements.
- The Gale Hairpin now absorbs Wind and Water, replacing its normal effect.
- Beads now grant a +20% bonus to MBlock so they do what they're advertised to do. Price is raised to 9000 GP.
- Guardian and SwordBreaker now have a MBlock% bonus equal to their Evade%.
- Trump and Doom Darts seem to have had their names swapped. I switched them back.
- Eyedrops are now "Flydrops" and cast Float on the party. Their price has also been raised to 2200 GP.
- All Esper spells are now learned at 10x the normal rate to cut down on tedious grinding.
- Raiden now gives the previously unused Speed +2 bonus on level instead of whatever redundant crap he had before, so trading in Odin isn't a downgrade.
- Phoenix now uses the previously-unused HP +100% level-up bonus.
- Ragnarok now has the Strength (Vigor) +2 bonus.
- The fish for the dumb minigame with Cid now have distinct names and descriptions.
- Terra now begins with an Encount-Away.
- The characters' names now use lowercase letters by default because the alternative grates on me.