I was debating for a long time whether I should even do this list, as I'd never tried a great many of the "popular" Playstation games in their heyday (Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Ape Escape, etc) and I just plain disliked a lot of others (Valkyrie Profile, Wipeout, Final Fantasy 8, Chrono Cross etc). But I did end up playing quite a few games for the system regardless, and I eventually figured that having a lot of unknown and unpopular picks would only make it better because you wouldn't be seeing a lot of the same stuff you see on every other top list out there. So that said, let's dive in.
10. Final Fantasy VII (Squaresoft, 1997)
9. Strider 2 (Capcom, 2000)
Fun fact: The game was packaged with a second disc that contained the original Strider arcade game; however, the labels of the discs were mistakenly switched, meaning that the disc labeled "Strider 2" was really Strider 1 and vice versa...
8. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (Game Arts/Vanguard Works, 2000)
Ghaleon punching puppet. Fun stuff.
7. Bust a Groove (Metro Graphics, 1998)
4. Metal Gear Solid (Konami, 1998)
3. Grandia (Game Arts, 1999)
to this day. Grandia is a true classic.
2. Lunar: Silver Star Story (Game Arts/Japan Art Media, 1999)
1. Suikoden II (Konami, 1999)
(Update: It was finally released on the PSN as of December 9, 2014. Six years after the original game!)