Questions so far:
- Sigurd and Citan both mention having been part of the "Elements". Who are they?
- They also seem to know of Miang and express some "fear" within her. Who exactly is she?
- Holy Mother Sophia and Lacan the painter have many similarities to Fei and Elly (as both Fei and Citan allude to). What is their link?
- Citan and Sigurd are both from Solaris, and know one another from their service under Ramsus in the Solarian military. At that time, Citan was known as "Hyuga". They both defected after they came to disagree with Ramsus' ideals.
- Sophia is the Greek word for "Wisdom", and sophiology is a central idea in Hellenistic philosophy and religion.
- The name "Lacan" is a reference to Jacques Lacan, a psychoanalyst who pushed for a deeper examination of Sigmund Freud's works and introduced many influential concepts himself.
- Solaris' name is derived from "Sol", which is Latin for "Sun".
- The name "Etrenank" may be a mistranlation or corruption of "Etemenanki", a zigurrat from the ancient city of Babylon.