Oh, and if you're wondering why there's some continuity errors between parts, it's because I hit an annoying bug that corrupted my save files. But after running the latest version of SS2Tool and a quick speedrun, I got caught back up to where I was with a significantly more optimized skill set. Including:
- Skipping Psi Shield because it sucks. I went for Cyber-Affinity instead while building my character since it's infinitely more useful.
- Buying Hack 2 and looting a few more boxes that I skipped before. This gives us a few more hypos to spend later, and allows us to find handy loot like French-Epstein Devices on later floors.
- Getting Standard 3 so I can use an Assault Rifle as soon as I find one. The extra boost it gives to shotgun and pistol damage in the meantime is no bad thing either.
- Getting the OS upgrade on the Science deck - something I seemingly always skip after I've been away from the game for a while. This is downright dopey of me since OS upgrades are incredibly useful, permanent upgrades. Well, some of them, anyway. I went for 20% more benefit from Hypos to stretch my Psi points out as far as possible.
Off camera, I also spent a few points to get a third point of Strength, then returned to pick up the Powered Armor, which is the single strongest armor in the game. The only downside is that it requires you to keep its battery charged in order to provide protection, but that shouldn't be a problem for us.
From here on out, we're mainly going to be concentrating on Psi powers - we are playing an OSA character, afer all. Though I may buy a level of Heavy Weapons just so we can play around with the Grenade Launcher and all of its fun ammo types...
- From some angles, the dead guy isn't visible through the glass on the pod...
- The OS upgrade I overlooked...
- The security room I overlooked on the Engineering deck. Nothing too exciting, but the surgical unit comes in handy.
- The research data for the Annelid Worm eggs, which also yields another useful thing I'd forgotten about: The egg organs are somewhat rare, but will either restore your HP or Psi points to full.
- ...And for something completely different, one of the novelty oversized wrenches aboard the Von Braun.