As ever, keep in mind that I've taken out a second mortgage on my house, sold my car and am now working three full time jobs in order to track down, purchase and play every single game released across all formats in 2017 to spare you, my humble reader, the trouble of telling me I've missed one. No need to thank me.
8. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo, Wii U/Switch)
Oh, and there's no hand-holding or "easy mode" elements either, which is pretty rare in a modern Nintendo game!
7. Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition (Black Isle/Beamdog Software, PC)
6. Cuphead (ASMR Studios, PC/XBox One)
5. Fire Pro Wrestling World (Spike Chunsoft, PC/PS4)
4. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (Spike Chunsoft, PC/PS4/Vita)
3. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Spike Chunsoft, PC/PS4/Vita)
2. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Nihon Falcom. PC/PS4/Vita)
1. Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo, Switch)