With the good comes the bad, and believe me, there was enough of that to go around in 2015!
7. Mario Maker (Nintendo, Wii U)
6. Pillars of Eternity (Obsidian Entertainment, PC)
letdown on many levels; its poorly balanced and frustrating gameplay, its formulaic and by-the-numbers design, and a cast of generic characters and setpieces from a company known for defying tradition at every turn, resulting in some of the finest CRPGs ever made (Fallout 2, New Vegas, Planescape Torment). But the real kicker is that they took crowdfunding money to line their pockets and churned out a completely forgettable "homage" game to prey on nostalgic PC gamers' wallets even further. A hard fall from grace for a studio that once housed such tremendous talent.
5. Legend of Legacy (Furyu/Grezzo, Nintendo 3DS)
4. Yoshi's Woolly World (Good-Feel, Wii U)
so many better alternatives in the platformer genre these days, and much cheaper to purchase at that, why would I even bother playing through this 30-hour Amiibo commercial?
3. Fallout 4 (Bethesda Softworks, Playstation 4/Xbox One/PC)
2. Splatoon (Nintendo, Wii U)
1. Xenoblade Chronicles X (Monolith Soft, Wii U)